Monday, August 1, 2016

Back to blogging?


So, it's been a year since I last opened this blog. A year and a half in fact. Haha! It completely skipped my mind that I have written nothing for the entirety of 2015!  In my defense, it's a lot easier to write one line quips and tag lines on Facebook statuses and Instagram posts versus writing an entire blog. I mean, you actually have to look witty for that extended period of time that a person actually reads your rambles online. 

That being said, 2015 has been the year of Instagram for me as I have mostly put my efforts in terms of toy photography x internet visibility there. If you are so inclined you can follow me there via IG:jemmerts. (Shameless plugging right there ;) )

So, I have accumulated a little more than a few figures over the past 20 months since my last blog post, mostly in terms of SHFiguarts with most of the concentration on humanoid figures and been trying to up my skill in terms of ACBA. That's short for articulated comic book art where you use tangible effects to create a scene. Had a rough start on that as I was used to just minor editing via Photoshop for most of my photos which was really more of digitally editing out the stands and color adjustments. No heavy duty editing either which I really should learn. *Note to self*

Recently, I have been in a rut which has got me to think that I should start writing again. I'm very rusty though so expect that I'd have a lot of nonsensical blog entries on my few attempts as I try to unravel my mind again so that coherent thoughts would start flowing through. Hopefully, creativity and the like would just come naturally back in. How I do miss making stories. I mean I still do through photography but I miss writing them, spending hours on a 5 page, Cattleya notebook size paper just writing a detective story or a superhero adventure.

Maybe I will. Maybe I should.


No comments:

Post a Comment