Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bath time, fun time!

I was able to pass by my old home (meaning my parents' house) the other day because I was returning the car I borrowed from my brother. There I saw that my old toy cabinet has fallen prey to a year's worth of dust and grime. Right then and there, I decided to go ahead and take them home with me to get them cleaned, one layer at a time. Unfortunately, I could accommodate 1 layer at this time so I decided to grab my Robot Damashii figures from Gundam 00 as well as my Yoko/Nia figures. 


When I got home, I got a large pail, heated up some water and with a bit of laundry soap, soaked them all in the mix and slowly peeled off/wiped off the dust on the armors and head as well as the stands for the girls. After I was satisfied that most of the grime was off, it was just a quick rinse with water and then left them on a towel laid on a chair to dry.

After a day, I went ahead to see if all the water had dried and started testing out the joints. I was particularly happy with my Revo Yokos, which had particularly flimsy joints before cleaning, and found them to be back to being able to hold poses and even standing on their own without support.  

And since they were already out, I decided to have a little fun. I didn't want to do a full photoshoot with lights and camera and all since that took way too much time to set up (more time than what I had anyway) so I just decided to use my iPhone to take photos. Here are the results: 

Always did like how the O Gundam paid homage to the RX-78

This is me just having fun

Comic-like captions are thanks to the Text Here app on my phone which let me put captions easily on any picture (shameless plug! LOL!). I had a lot of fun just doing these simple shots. Note to myself that I need to take it easy and need not always be too formal whenever I take toy photos. I found this unedited, candid shots more relaxing than having had to setup my photobooth and DSLR. Next week, I might go ahead and take home my Revoltech Gurren Lagann's as those need cleaning too and maybe sneak in a few choice shots as well. 

I missed you too girls....

No comments:

Post a Comment