Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A toy shoot... Finally!

Finally got a chance to do a photoshoot last night! It's been ages since my last one in my eyes and I was really excited to get back in the saddle. So, with no pending agenda, family-wise, I decided to whip out my old light tent and set up the camera:


I am now utilizing a Dioback city ruin background, a darker background than I'm normally used to, for the shoot. I had ordered the background from the Dioback Facebook page and have to say that I am pretty happy with how well these (I got 4) have been printed. I'll do a quick shot of the designs tonight but to the curious, they function just like the Decobacks with a background board plus base and two designs (back and forth) per board.

For this shoot, I decided to take photos of my SH Figuarts Domon Kasshu and Robot Damashii (Spirits) God Gundam. I've been raving about having/playing with the RD God Gundam for sometiime now and I'm really happy with the figure as it exceeded most of my expectations. Here's a quick preview of what happened during the shoot:



I also re-shot Domon just to get in the mood and I have to say that for a 2008 release, this one is still pretty good. Of course, my opinion is biased with regards to this fig. If I had one gripe on this fig, ok... two gripes on the fig, it would be the angry face that looks awkward from some angles and that the King of Hearts tatoo isn't too clear on the right hand. 


Used a different Dioback for this one, a burning planet background, and it worked out pretty well. 

The shoot took about 3 hours before I called it quits. It was a pretty tiring but pretty satisfying and fun experience and as stated in my previous blog, I missed holding my camera. 


I still have a bit of post processing to do but that's gonna come in later as I plan to shoot a few random shots of other figs just to maximize the opportunity this week. 

Thanks and cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment