Wednesday, November 5, 2014

TRCP House Party Protocol

Waking up during the wee hours of the morning could present some pretty good opportunities to indulge in your hobby, as I did last Tuesday morning. I got startled by a small crashing sound at 4am from a fallen hook thingamajig we had at the back of our door to hang clothes and stuff.

So, after a bit of grumbling, I got out of bed, reattached the contraption to the door, breathed a deep sigh and realized that I was fully awake and couldn't possibly go back to sleep. Thankfully, I had a bunch of toys I got last week that hadn't been opened for me to pass the time with. 

So... I decided to open up the Iron Man stuff: 


I was pretty stoked with the Figma Mk Vii Full Spec given its array of accessories as well as the RDJ open face helmet. Figure delivered on all aspects as it looked glorious in and out of the box. I love the paint apps although  I was a little but disappointed with the torso joints as they felt too loose in my book. It was with a bit of difficulty that I got him to stay on a decent flight pose. Otherwise, love the open face helmet, the mini rockets on the shoulders and thighs, those  back air breaks and those wrist mounted rockets. 


Next up was the SHF Mk 42. An equally excellent figure. When I first saw the design during IM3 promos, I wasn't sold eith the new color scheme but after watching the movie and now, with the figure, well, the design works. There's a certain charm that the new color scheme has that puts it at par with your classic Iron Man colors and it is faithfully captured within this 6" figure. It is just great. 


Lastly, the Iron Patriot. Again, another color scheme that didn't really suit well with me the first time around but upon getting the figure, it looks gorgeous. The US flag-military-esque color design looks awesome and the paint apps are great. He's slimmer compared to the War Machine armor though (Guess Rhodey's bern watching his diet...hehe) but still looks menacing. 

With all 3 figures already out, I decided to take out my SHF MkVI and War Machine for a mini house party: 


And they look great altogether. I didn't really have time to pull out my light tent so I just made a quick pose and shoot on top of my son's baby stuff cabinet ( hello green teddy photobomber!). I still think it turned out great though. 

As a follow up in the evening, I took out a few other figures just to do a small height comparison, as a request on Facebook: 


From left to right: Playmates Michaelangelo, Figma Kirito, Figma Mk VII, SHF Mk 42 and SHF Green Ranger. 
In front: the DeCool Hulkbuster Iron Man and Sheng Yuan Mk 42.
You can clearly see that Full Spec towers over every other figure. When it comes to height scale, I think he's a little too tall while everyone else seems to be just right in comparison to the others (should there ever be a crossover of all these characters). Well, except Michaelangelo who should be at the same height as Kirito. 

As parting words, I really enjoyed having my short playtime with my new Iton Man figs. They're all excellent figures and are highly recommended in my book. 

Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment