Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's been a good start...


…so far for The Red Comet’s Playground. While I am still in the process of uploading the galleries here in the blog, I have managed to completed 3 albums just in the past week: Fun Shoots for 2014, LEGO KO and My first Kaiju: Gamora. I actually shot more toy photos this week than I have the past year and it feels great and fulfilling.

I am a bit rusty however and really need to shoot a lot more if I not only want to get back to my former groove but to also find ways to level up some in terms of my photography skills. Plus I am beginning to feel my camera and laptop’s age (got them both in 2009) so, in my view, a lot of my time is spent post-processing: correcting shot exposures, managing noise, adjusting levels, incorrect foci and the like. Most photographers would probably say that this is just part of daily grind when it comes to the hobby, I feel that better equipment would also help in minimizing these things. Don’t get me wrong. I am a strong proponent of the saying, “it’s not the bow and arrow, but the shooter that decides the game” (or something to that effect) but if the bow and arrow are worn, the hunter should up his game but I digress...


As I was saying, I am particularly pleased with myself just to be able to make time for these shoots. I have been very busy over the past year taking care of my family (married to an amazing woman and have an awesome son) that it feels good to do something that is uniquely mine for once. I have spoken to my wife about getting back into the hobby but have never really gotten around to it till now.



Hahahaha! I’m raving, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment